The S Das Clinical Manual of Surgery is a book used by Medical students during their fourth year of MBBS. S Das or Somen Das has beautifully illustrated the book with a practical guide and surgical short cases while simultaneously enlightening the texts. The links to S Das Clinical Surgery PDF Format have been provided for free download below through Google Drive.
Update: Links have been regenerated for 2022.
S Das Clinical Surgery PDF Book
The S Das Textbook of Clinical Surgery PDF book is a fine book used for clinical understanding during the Fourth Year of MBBS. This book dives into the world of practical history taking mixed with the examination.
This book features amazing images, tables, and an in-depth explanation of skills that are required to achieve perfection. This book is hard of any use for NEET PG. The latest edition of S Das Manual of Surgery Download has 652 pages which cover 40 chapters in total.
The 13th edition of S Das Clinical Surgery also features special investigations and differential diagnoses that help students test themselves even more. There are 40 chapters in total in the book which are:
- GENERAL SCHEME OF CASE-TAKING
- A FEW SPECIAL SYMPTOMS AND SIGNS
- EXAMINATION OF A LUMP OR A SWELLING
- EXAMINATION OF AN ULCER
- EXAMINATION OF A SINUS OR A FISTULA
- EXAMINATION OF PERIPHERAL VASCULAR DISEASES AND GANGRENE
- EXAMINATION OF VARICOSE VEINS
- EXAMINATION OF THE LYMPHATIC SYSTEM
- EXAM NATION OF PERIPHERAL NERVE LESIONS
- DISEASES OF MUSCLES, TENDONS, AND FASCIAE
- EXAMINATION OF DISEASES OF BONE
- EXAMINATION OF BONE AND JOINT INJURIES
- EXAMINATION OF INJURIES ON INDIVIDUAL JOINTS
- EXAMINATION OF PATHOLOGICAL JOINTS
- EXAMINATION OF INDIVIDUAL JOINT PATHOLOGIES
- EXAMINATION OF HEAD INJURIES
- INVESTIGATION OF INTRACRANIAL SPACE-OCCUPYING LESIONS
- EXAMINATION OF SPINAL INJURIES
- EXAMINATION OF SPINAL ABNORMALITIES
- EXAMINATION OF THE HAND
- EXAMINATION OF THE FOOT
- EXAMINATION OF THE HEAD AND FACE
- EXAMINATION OF THE JAWS AND TEMPOROMANDIBULAR JOINT
- EXAMINATION OF THE PALATE, CHEEK, TONGUE, AND FLOOR OF THE MOUTH
- EXAMINATION OF THE SALIVARY GLANDS
- EXAMINATION OF THE NECK
- EXAMINATION OF THE THYROID GLAND
- EXAMINATION OF INJURIES OF THE CHEST
- EXAMINATION OF DISEASES OF THE CHEST
- EXAMINATION OF THE BREAST
- EXAMINATION OF A CASE OF DYSPHAGIA
- EXAMINATION OF ABDOMINAL INJURIES
- EXAMINATION OF AN ACUTE ABDOMEN
- EXAMINATION OF CHRONIC ABDOMINAL CONDITIONS
- EXAMINATION OF AN ABDOMINAL LUMP
- EXAMINATION OF A RECTAL CASE
- EXAMINATION OF A URINARY CASE
- EXAMINATION OF A CASE OF HERNIA
- EXAMINATION OF A SWELLING IN THE INGUINOSCROTAL REGION OR GROIN (EXCEPT INGUINAL AND FEMORAL HERNIAS)
- EXAMINATION OF MALE EXTERNAL GENITALIA
Each chapter in S Das Textbook of Surgery is clickable and leads to the pointed section.
About the book, yes it’s one of the finest books by an Indian author. You already have gone through a lot of texts, including the Manipal book for Surgery or Bailey and Love for Surgery, but if you are to enter the clinical wards for surgery, you are bound to carry this book and know how to properly examine the patients and reach a diagnosis.
The S Das Clinical Surgery PDF Download allows the students to explore the clinical methods rather than just anatomy or some random texts. It helps the students develop patient-doctor interaction and learn to co-relate every medical information that is gathered.
Suggestions to those who are looking forward to establishing a clinical understanding of Surgery are as follows:
- Read up on everything, even if you are not in the mood to mug up. It will clear out some concepts and some things are bound to stay in your long-term memory.
- Try to co-relate the anatomical features as you see them with the diagrams in the book. It’s easy to get confused with the beautiful diagrams and the real-time anatomy of a patient.
- Make up a habit of co-relating everything and you will find the book is almost everything you already know.
- Attend every OT (Operating theatre) call that you can get in. Watch out for surgeries that happen and study them in detail. Continue an interaction with the patient after surgery to learn more about post-op care.
- If you need help, the following are some posts that can greatly help you understand clinical medicine. They have been made short but explained to the level of a medical student. These are:
- Clinical History Taking and Examination Guide
- Fever: History Taking Format
- Respiratory System Examination Format
- Abdomen Examination Skills
- Cough: Clinical History Taking Questions to ask Patients
- Blood Test Interpretation
- Endotracheal Intubation
- IV Cannula Procedure
- Learn to Read X-Rays
- Basics of ECG
- Emergency drugs used in ICU and Casualty
- Anaemia: Clinical Approach You Never Knew
S Das Textbook of Surgery PDF Download
|Book||Textbook of Surgery|
|Link Type||Google Drive|
|Number of Pages||652|
Download the S Das Clinical Surgery PDF 13th Edition book by Google Drive links given below. Please note, the latest edition of the Textbook of Surgery- the 14th and 15th editions of the book have already been released.
If the links are not working, do let us know using the comments section, and we will readily update it. If you are unable to locate the links, please refresh the page. If you need other books, do check out our Downloads Section.
Additionally, you can find other Surgery Books:
- Manipal Manual of Surgery
- Bailey and Love Surgery
- Bailey and Love Clinical Anatomy
- Churchill Pocketbook of Differential Diagnosis
Please note these are external links and we do not host any downloads on our website.
If you are the owner of the content or have disputes regarding the terms, please read our complete Disclaimer page or leave us a message via our Contact Us page. Any violation or infringement will be immediately removed upon confirmation.
I didn’t found the link to download s das clinical surgery pdf. Could you help me..?
We just re-checked the links, they seem to be working fine. If still not, here’s the direct link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_HaQXMivH8KfGgzy4SnU1LlSQkWea-Rc/view
please share the link of latest edition, 14th edition
Plz put link for textbook of surgery das
Can u please share the link of S Das14th edition
Please share the link of S dad 14th edition
Please put the link of 14th edition
Please share link of 15th edition s das