The S Das Clinical Manual of Surgery is a book of Clinical Surgery that is used by Medical students during their fourth year of MBBS. S Das or Somen Das has beautifully illustrated the book with practical guide and surgical short cases while simultaneously enlightening the texts. The links to S Das Clinical Surgery PDF Format have been provided for free download below.
S Das Clinical Surgery PDF Book
The book has over 660 pages which include the textbook for surgery, a practical guide to operative surgery, short cases and undergraduate fractures and orthopedics. The ninth edition of S Das also features special investigations and differential diagnosis that help students test themselves even more. There are 40 chapters in total in the book, some of which are:
- GENERAL SCHEME OF CASE-TAKING
- A FEW SPECIAL SYMPTOMS AND SIGNS
- EXAMINATION OF A LUMP OR A SWELLING
- EXAMINATION OF AN ULCER
- EXAMINATION OF A SINUS OR A FISTULA
- EXAMINATION OF VARICOSE VEINS
About the book, yes its one of the finest book by an Indian author. You already have gone through a lot of texts, including the Manipal book for Surgery or Bailey and Love for Surgery, but if you are to enter the clinical wards for surgery, you are bound to carry this book and know how to properly examine the patients and reach a diagnosis.
The S Das Manual of Surgery gives the students an opportunity to explore the clinical methods rather than just anatomy or some random texts. It helps the students develop patient-doctor interaction and learn to co-relate every medical information that is gathered.
Suggestions to those who are looking forward to establishing a clinical understanding in Surgery are as follows:
- Read up everything, even if you are not in a mood to mug up. It will clear out some concepts and some things are bound to stay in your long term memory.
- Try to co-relate the anatomical features as you see them with the diagrams in the book. It’s easy to get confused with the beautiful diagrams and the real time anatomy of a patient.
- Make up a habit of co-relating everything and you will find the book is almost everything you already know.
- Attend every OT (Operating theater) calls that you can get in. Watch out for surgeries that happen and study them in detail. Continue an interaction with the patient after surgery to learn more about post-op care.
- If you need help, following are some posts that can greatly help you understand clinical medicine. They have been made short but explained to the level of a medical student. These are:
S Das Manual of Clinical Surgery PDF eBook Download
You can download the S Das Clinical Surgery book by link given below. If the link is not working, do let us know using the comments section, we will readily update it. If you are unable to locate the links, please refresh the page.
Please note these are external links and we do not host any downloads on our website. If you are the owner of the content or have disputes regarding the terms, please read our complete Disclaimer page or leave us a message via our Contact Us page. Any violation or infringement will be immediately removed upon confirmation.