Pediatrics is a subject of the Final year of MBBS. OP Ghai Pediatrics PDF is the most recommended and widely used textbook. You can download OP Ghai Essential of Pediatrics Textbook 9th edition in PDF Format for the Fourth year of MBBS using the Google Drive links given below. Please note, the 10th edition is yet to be released.
Update: We have regenerated the links links for 2023.
OP Ghai Pediatrics PDF Book
The OP Ghai Essentials Pediatrics PDF book has over 805 pages. This is the 9th edition of the book and the latest edition released in 2021. The 10th edition is yet to be released. There are 31 chapters in the Ghai Pediatrics with an Index. Some of the chapters in the book are as follows:
- Introduction to Pediatrics
- Developmental and Behavioral Disorders
- Adolescent Health and Development
- Fluid and Electrolyte Disturbances
- Micro-nutrients in Health and Disease
- Newborn Infants
- Immunization and Immunodeficiency
- Infections and Infestations
- Diseases of the Gastrointestinal System and Liver
- Hematological Disorders
- Disorders of the Respiratory System
- Disorders of the Cardiovascular System
- Disorders of the Kidney and Urinary Tract
- Endocrine and Metabolic Disorders
- Central Nervous System
- Neuromuscular Disorders
- Childhood Malignancies
- Rheumatological Disorders
- Genetic Disorders
- Inborn Errors of Metabolism
- Ophthalmic Disorders
- Skin Disorders
- Poisonings, Injuries, and Accidents
- Pediatric Critical Care
- Important Medical Procedures
- Rational Drug Therapy
- Integrated Management of Neonatal and Childhood Illness
- Rights of Children
Author of OP Ghai Pediatrics PDF
- OP Ghai
- Vinod K Paul
- Arvind Bagga
OP Ghai Pediatrics PDF is the Golden book for pediatrics subject in the fourth year. No doubt why it is the course textbook and is recommended by every doctor and student doing MBBS. The book has superb illustrated tables, diagrams, and flowcharts. Explanations are easy to understand and there is no error spotted yet.
At the end of every chapter, they usually have “Suggested reading” in case a student wants to jump deep into the topic. The images used are clear-cut, and the standard set by Ghai Pediatrics is worth noting.
While the 9th edition print quality is not appreciable, it is still readable. You can always get the 8th edition here as well.
Suggestions to those studying Pediatrics in Fourth Year MBBS are as follows:
- You cannot simply mug up and pass. This subject will be valuable to you for the rest of your medical career. Try diving in deep and learning every bit of it. The text isn’t vast.
- As like said, you just don’t need to pass, you need to learn it by heart. Apart from that, 5-year question papers for your university are enough, you can try to do 10 years if you want. Make sure to learn essential pediatric emergency drugs too.
- Stick to OP Ghai Pediatrics PDF, it will sail your boat smoothly.
- To set up the base, you will need to regularly attend the clinical wards and see patients. It is suggested strictly to carry the book and make notes of a case before seeing it. Like if you wish to see a patient with Cerebral palsy, you can read the notes, and then make key points of what you are going to question the patient and spot the clinical features. However, do not go direct diagnosis with “I know this is CP” in mind. Read our post on Autism also.
- This site will provide you with a key look into how you should approach the patients in wards and set up your base. There are some clinical questions to ask the patients, signs to note, and some texts you should know, all in one article. Just check out some given below:
- Protein-Energy Malnutrition: Kwashiorkor vs Marasmus
- Sodium Normal vs Hyponatremia vs Hypernatremia
- Potassium Balance vs Hypokalemia vs Hyperkalemia
- Calcium Regulation: Parathyroid hormone vs Calcitonin
- IV Cannulation Guide
- Complete list of Emergency Drugs to Know
OP Ghai Pediatrics PDF Latest Edition Download
Download OP Ghai Pediatrics PDF book- 9th Edition and 8th Edition by Google Drive links given below. Please note, this is the latest edition of the OP Ghai Essential Pediatrics so far as the 10th edition is not released yet. Please mail us if you require the latest or previous editions.
If the links are not working, do let us know using the comments section, and we will readily update it. If you are unable to locate the links, please refresh the page. If you need other books, do check out our Downloads Section.
Do check out our other books and notes for MBBS and PLAB:
- SRB Manual of Surgery
- S Das Clinical Surgery
- Kundu Medicine- Pearl and Bedside Clinics
- Churchill’s Pocketbook of Differential Diagnosis
- Davidson 100 Clinical Cases
- DAMS Notes
|Editors||Vinod K Paul|
|Link Type||Google Drive|
|Number of Pages||805|
|Editors||Vinod K Paul|
|Link Type||Google Drive|
|Number of Pages||768|
Please note these are external links and we do not host any downloads on our website.
If you are the owner of the content or have disputes regarding the terms, please read our complete Disclaimer page. You can also leave us a message via our Contact Us page. Any violation or infringement will be immediately removed upon confirmation.