Clinical Medicine is an art a medical student has to master and it goes without saying. It is something you simply do not mug up, but rather practice it again and again till you become acquainted to it. Clinical Medicine is a subject in Fourth Year of MBBS. Macleod’s is a book which can help you master your senses and help you build the clinical skills required to sit in OPD! You can download Macleod Clinical Examination 14th edition in PDF format using the Google Drive Links given below.
Macleod Clinical Examination 14th Edition PDF Book
There are 21 units in 4 sections in the book and these are as follows:
SECTION 1 PRINCIPLES OF CLINICAL HISTORY AND EXAMINATION
- 1. Managing clinical encounters with patients
- 2. General aspects of history taking
- 3. General aspects of examination
SECTION 2 SYSTEM-BASED EXAMINATION
- 4. The cardiovascular system
- 5. The respiratory system
- 6. The gastrointestinal system
- 7. The nervous system
- 8. The visual system
- 9. The ear, nose and throat
- 10. The endocrine system
- 11. The reproductive system
- 12. The renal system
- 13. The musculoskeletal system
- 14. The skin, hair and nails
SECTION 3 APPLYING HISTORY AND EXAMINATION SKILLS IN SPECIFIC SITUATIONS
- 15. Babies and children
- 16. The patient with mental disorder
- 17. The frail elderly patient
- 18. The deteriorating patient
- 19. The dying patient
SECTION 4 PUTTING HISTORY AND EXAMINATION SKILLS TO USE
- 20. Preparing for assessment
- 21. Preparing for practice
Our Fourth Year Books for MBBS are here.
Meanwhile, check out our other Clinical Skills Books:
About the Author:
- John Macleod (1915–2006)
- Karen Fairhurst
- PhD FRCGP
This book is definitely not what you will be looking for exams, but yes, it can help you build the concepts required for Residency after MBBS. 402 pages embedded in a 62mb file, Macleod Clinical Examination book, this book beautifully brings in you the OPD experience in front of you. From styles of questions to asked to patients to the environment of hospital and to the responsibilities of you as a resident doctor, this book helps you visualize the workspace with amazing pictures. 21 Units in 4 sections, all you have to do is pick up which part you want to strengthen first (Personal recommendation: Go with Communication skills with patients first). Eventually, you will fall in love with book, BEWARE, don’t forget to stick to your theoretical too.
Suggestions to those who are looking forward to establishing a clinical understanding in Medicine are as follows:
- Read this book and carry it during the practicals and OPD. Have a quick look at the case studies quickly as you approach the patient with established diagnosis. You will feel more confident as you keep practicing this approach.
- Learn to make Doctor-Patient relationship and learn how to approach them, deal with different types of patients and how to interact with them with the common tongue.
- Learn how to examine different systems. If you don’t know how to do them, your diagnosis is going to be incomplete, you cannot always rely on lab reports and your seniors, do you?
- If you need help, following are some posts that can greatly help you in clinical wards. They have been made short but explained to the level of a medical student. These are:
Macleod Clinical Examination PDF eBook Download
You can download the Macleod Clinical Examination 14th Edition by the links given below. If the link is not working, do let us know using the comments section, we will readily update it. If you are unable to locate the links, please refresh the page. Please also wait to load up the file as the file size may vary.
Please note these are external links and we do not host any downloads on our website. If you are the owner of the content or have disputes regarding the terms, please read our complete Disclaimer page or leave us a message via our Contact Us page. Any violation or infringement will be immediately removed upon confirmation.