Clinical Medicine is an art a medical student has to master and it goes without saying. It is something you simply do not mug up but rather practice again and again till you become acquainted with it. Clinical Medicine is a subject in the Fourth Year of MBBS.
Macleod’s is a book that can help you master your senses and help you build the clinical skills required to sit in OPD! You can download Macleod Clinical Examination 14th edition in PDF format using the Google Drive Links given below.
Update: The links have been regenerated for 2023!
Macleod Clinical Examination 14th Edition PDF Book
There are 21 units in 4 sections in the book and these are as follows:
SECTION 1: PRINCIPLES OF CLINICAL HISTORY AND EXAMINATION
- Managing clinical encounters with patients
- General aspects of history taking
- General aspects of the examination
SECTION 2: SYSTEM-BASED EXAMINATION
- The cardiovascular system
- The respiratory system
- The gastrointestinal system
- The nervous system
- The visual system
- The ear, nose, and throat
- The endocrine system
- The reproductive system
- The renal system
- The musculoskeletal system
- The skin, hair, and nails
SECTION 3: APPLYING HISTORY AND EXAMINATION SKILLS IN SPECIFIC SITUATIONS
- 15. Babies and children
- 16. The patient with a mental disorder
- 17. The frail elderly patient
- 18. The deteriorating patient
- 19. The dying patient
SECTION 4: PUTTING HISTORY AND EXAMINATION SKILLS TO USE
- 20. Preparing for assessment
- 21. Preparing for practice
Our Fourth Year Books for MBBS are here.
Meanwhile, check out our other Clinical Skills Books:
This book is definitely not what you will be looking for in exams, but yes, it can help you build the concepts required for Residency after MBBS. 402 pages embedded in a 62 MB file, the Macleod Clinical Examination book, this book beautifully brings in you the OPD experience in front of you.
From the styles of questions asked to patients to the environment of the hospital and to the responsibilities of you as a resident doctor, this book helps you visualize the workspace with amazing pictures.
21 Units in 4 sections, all you have to do is pick up which part you want to strengthen first (Personal recommendation: Go with Communication skills with patients first). Eventually, you will fall in love with the book, BEWARE, don’t forget to stick to your theory too.
The following recommendations are made for persons who want to develop a clinical grasp of medicine:
- Take this book with you to the practicals and OPD and read it there. As you approach the patient with a confirmed diagnosis, take a short glance at the case studies. As you continue to use this strategy, you will start to feel more assured.
- Establishing relationships with patients, dealing with various patient types, and communicating with them in everyday terms are all skills that may be learned.
- Learn how to evaluate various systems. You cannot always rely on lab results and your seniors; if you don’t know how to do them, your diagnosis will be insufficient.
- The posts that follow can be quite helpful to you in clinical wards if you need them. They have been condensed while still being described at a medical student’s level. These are:
Clinical History Taking and Examination Guide
Fever: History Taking of Patient
Respiratory System Examination Skills
Cough Clinical History Questions to ask Patients
Blood Test Interpretation Skills
Endotracheal Intubation Skills
Learning to Read X-Ray: Basics
Common Emergency Drugs in Casualty Wards
Macleod Clinical Examination PDF eBook Download
You can download the Macleod Clinical Examination 14th Edition through the links given below. You can try refreshing the page if the link is not visible or not working. If the error persists, please leave us feedback in the comments section below or mail us.
We will readily update it.
Ain’t being able to download the book
Hi, we have updated the links for the Macleod Clinical 14th Edition for 2022 and they are working now (direct google drive links).