The K Park- Textbook of Preventive and Social Medicine is a book of PSM (Community Medicine) that is used by the medical students in their third year of mbbs. So far, it’s one good book set in curriculum of third year. The detailed and lengthy book does haunt for sometimes, but then medicos get used to it. We have provided the links to K Park Textbook of Preventive and Social Medicine eBook in PDF Format for free download below.
K Park Textbook of Preventive and Social Medicine PDF Book
The free book has over 942 pages with pretty clean pages and nice illustrations with flowcharts and boxes. K Park free book features 22 Chapters in total with an abbreviations and index at the end. First 6 chapters have been noted as below:
- MAN AND MEDICINE : TOWARDS HEALTH FOR ALL
- CONCEPT OF HEALTH AND DISEASE
- PRINCIPLES OF EPIDEMIOLOGY AND EPIDEMIOLOGIC METHODS
- SCREENING FOR DISEASE
- EPIDEMIOLOGY OF COMMUNICABLE DISEASES
- EPIDEMIOLOGY OF CHRONIC NON-COMMUNICABLE DISEASES AND CONDITIONS
The book is must read for community medicine in the third year since it is the most widely used book by MBBS students. The Epidemiology, Screening for disease, Epidemiology of communicable diseases and chronic non-communicable diseases are usually focused in the exams
The Index starts with 22 Sections each featuring the chapters, in total in over 942 pages.The book is more closely related to medicine, and is must read if you want to establish your base for medicine in fourth year of mbbs. However, you will realize you have actually studied most of it during your previous semesters. The Epidemiology section though, kind of irritates but is easy if you can mug up things fast.
Suggestions to those who are looking forward to establishing a clinical understanding in Community Medicine are as follows:
- Read up everything, even if you are not in a mood to mug up. It will clear out some concepts and some things are bound to stay in your long term memory.
- Focus on the diseases more, they will be coming soon in your fourth year mbbs. The initial epidemiology chapters are not useful to be precise.
- Make up a habit of co-relating everything and you will find the book is almost everything you already know.
- Sometimes the ones who make question papers might drop you weird questions, like the Swine flu. You have to be aware of current ongoing things too.
- If you need help, following are some posts that can greatly help you understand clinical medicine. They have been made short but explained to the level of a medical student. These are:
K Park Textbook of Preventive and Social Medicine PDF eBook Download
You can download the K Park Community Medicine book by link given below. If the link is not working, do let us know using the comments section, we will readily update it. If you are unable to locate the links, please refresh the page.
Please note these are external links and we do not host any downloads on our website. If you are the owner of the content or have disputes regarding the terms, please read our complete Disclaimer page or leave us a message via our Contact Us page. Any violation or infringement will be immediately removed upon confirmation.
What did you think of this MBBS Books? Let us know – discuss this and other medical topics at Discussions Page or share your thoughts in the comments below.