Physiology is definitely the base subject in First Year of MBBS. Comparable to Anatomy and Biochemistry, this subject is much easier to understand. Guyton and Hall Textbook of Physiology is used widely to study this subject. Although AK Jain and Sembulingam are still renowned, Guyton and Hall latest edition still holds it’s value. You can download Guyton and Hall Physiology 14th edition in PDF format using the Google Drive Links given below.
Update: New links for 2022 have been regenerated!
Guyton and Hall Physiology PDF Book
There are 15 units in latest edition book (unlike AK Jain with two parts) and these are as follows:
- Introduction to Physiology: The Cell and General Physiology
- Membrane Physiology, Nerve, and Muscle
- The Heart
- The Circulation
- The Body Fluids and Kidneys
- Blood Cells, Immunity, and Blood Clotting
- Aviation, Space, and Deep-Sea Diving Physiology
- The Nervous System: A. General Principles and Sensory Physiology
- The Nervous System: B. The Special Senses
- The Nervous System: C. Motor and Integrative Neurophysiology
- Gastrointestinal Physiology
- Metabolism and Temperature Regulation
- Endocrinology and Reproduction
- Sports Physiology
If you need First Year Syllabus, you can check MBBS Syllabus here.
You can download other physiology books:
About the Author:
- Arthur C. Guyton, M.D.†
- John E. Hall, Ph.D.
As mentioned earlier, most medical students use AK Jain, however, Guyton and Hall 14th edition PDF is a deeply detailed book that is often used for NEET and other PG preparation after MBBS. There are 1152 pages in the book divided in 15 sections and 84 chapters in total. There is just one index at the end of the book. Indeed it’s so vast, that headache is common. But physiology is the base subject, and you simply cannot miss important topics.
Suggestions to those studying physiology in First Year MBBS are as follows:
- Try reading from this book from start or if you have ample of time. Otherwise, AK Jain is the life-saver to pass the semester exams.
- There are plenty of YouTube videos around and then there are some animations, which help understand the most important topics. Just don’t skip them, you will need them in your entire medical career.
- If you are preparing for PG Exams, do read this book. It will pave the way of better learning.
- If you need help, following are some posts that can greatly help you in medicine. They have been made short but explained to the level of a medical student. These are:
Guyton and Hall Physiology PDF Book Download
You can download the Guyton and Hall Physiology 13th edition by link given below. Please note that 14th Edition was the latest one released in 2021, however, we can only provide 13th edition in 2022. If the link is not working, do let us know using the comments section, we will readily update it. If you are unable to locate the links, please refresh the page.
Please note these are external links and we do not host any downloads on our website. If you are the owner of the content or have disputes regarding the terms, please read our complete Disclaimer page or leave us a message via our Contact Us page. Any violation or infringement will be immediately removed upon confirmation.e