The PL Dhingra ENT- Diseases of Ear, Nose and Throat & Head and Neck Surgery is a book of Second Year used by MBBS Students for ENT Subjects.
For current, Dhingra ENT is the only curriculum book used by all universities and medical colleges in India. It is a superbly well-defined book with a lot of illustrative diagrams and charts.
We have provided the links to PL Dhingra ENT- Diseases of Ear, Nose and Throat book in PDF Format for free download below.
PL Dhingra ENT Book PDF Book
The free book has over 490 pages and is the 6th edition of the series. If you want to download the 7th or 8th edition of PL Dhingra ENT, you can always check us out later. About the book, there are 10 sections that deal with:
- Section 1: Ear disorders
- Section 2: Diseases of the Nose and Paranasal Sinuses
- Section 3: Conditions Affecting the Salivary Gland and Oral Cavity
- Section 4: Diseases of the Pharynx
- Section 5: Larynx and tracheal diseases
- Section 6: Thyroid problems and diseases
- Section 7: Oesophageal Illnesses
- Section 8: Current Developments
- Section 9: Clinical approaches in ENT and neck masses
- Section 10: Surgical Procedures
Apart from the 10 sections, the book also features beautiful appendices, including the Instrument appendix that shows images and texts of Instruments used in ENT.
These appendices are definitely the life-saviors during practicals at end of the semester.
The PL Dhingra ENT book is still the standard for the ENT departments in medical colleges in India and is the most widely used book in Second Year MBBS for ENT subjects. All the sections are necessary, however, the focus is always on Ear, Neck, and Throat, including Thyroid and Larynx.
One of the important topics is the classification of Cancer, which usually comes in exams.
Attending the clinical wards with books in hand is the finest way to learn ENT. Watching out for surgeries is another way to make sure you never forget to text.
We also have some articles on this website that are made especially for MBBS students and notes on ENT topics that are typical to understand. Some of them are:
- Nasal Myiasis: Maggots in Nose
- Atrophic Rhinitis
- Deviated Nasal Septum (DNS)
- Meniere’s Diseases
- Chronic Suppurative Otitis Media (CSOM)
- Atticoantral CSOM
- Tubotympanic CSOM
Suggestions to those who are looking forward to establishing a clinical understanding of ENT are as follows:
- Read up on everything, even if you are not in the mood to mug up. It will clear out some concepts and some things are bound to stay in your long-term memory.
- Focus on the diseases more, you will usually find a lot of people with Otitis Media and Deviated Nasal Septum.
- Make up a habit of co-relating everything and you will find the book is almost everything you already know.
- Try to grab concepts of hearing like Rinne’s test and Weber’s test and test them with your friends for fun. It often helps strengthen concepts and this is one of the topics that is frequently asked in the medical profession.
PL Dhingra ENT PDF Latest Edition Download
You can download the latest edition of the Dhingra book using the links below. Please note that the newest version is the 8th edition. However, we have provided the 6th one.