The Churchill’s Pocketbook of Differential Diagnosis is the best differential diagnosis book for medical students who are working or are looking forward to more of clinical approach to the field. The Churchills pocketbook gives a deep insight as well as a quick view to the differential diagnosis that can be made up with a symptom or sign. You can download Churchill’s Pocketbook of Differential Diagnosis from the links given below.
Do check out our other Medicine Books:
- Harrison Medicine
- Hutchinson Clinical Medicine
- Arup Kumar Kundu Pearls in Medicine
- KD Tripathi Pharmacology Book
- Macleod Clinical Examination
Churchill’s Pocketbook of Differential Diagnosis PDF Book
The book has over 596 pages. The books starts with very nice introduction that tells the reader how to use the book followed by list of abbreviations used in the book. The book has three sections that deal with:
Section A: Clinical Presentations
It has symptoms like: Abdominal pain, Axillary swellings, Ascites, Breast lumps, Clubbing, Cough, Dysphagia, Ear disorders, Fecal incontinence, Goitre, Hematemesis, etc.
Section B: Biochemical Presentations
It has findings obtained from investigations like blood reports such as Blood urea nitrogen, Hypercalcaemia, Hyperglycaemia, Hyperkalaemia, Hypokalaemia, Hypernatraemia, Hyponatraemia. It also features ABG findings such as Metabolic acidosis, Metabolic alkalosis, Respiratory acidosis and Respiratory alkalosis.
Section C: Hematological Presentations
It contains wide hematological signs that can be found such as Anemia, Leucocytosis, Leucopenia, Thrombocytopenia, Thrombocytosis.
Churchill’s Pocketbook of Differential Diagnosis is the best book you can use in clinical practice to approach a sign or symptom more thoroughly. It gives the users a wide insight as what can be expected from the patients when they come to doctor with certain complaints or what physical finding one obtains upon examination.
The book is colorful with a lot of in-depth questions as to why the physician must suspect something when making a differential diagnosis. It is always a good practice to make at least 5 closest differential diagnosis whenever a patient’s chief complaint is considered.
Suggestions to those who are looking forward to establishing a clinical understanding in Medicine are as follows:
- Read this book and carry it during the practicals and OPD. Have a quick look at the case studies quickly as you approach the patient with established diagnosis. You will feel more confident as you keep practicing this approach.
- Learn to make Doctor-Patient relationship and learn how to approach them, deal with different types of patients and how to interact with them with the common tongue.
- Learn how to examine different systems. If you don’t know how to do them, your diagnosis is going to be incomplete, you cannot always rely on lab reports and your seniors, do you?
- If you need help, following are some posts that can greatly help you in clinical wards. They have been made short but explained to the level of a medical student. These are:
Churchill’s Pocketbook of Differential Diagnosis PDF eBook Download
You can download the Churchill’s Pocketbook of Differential Diagnosis by the links given below. If the link is not working, do let us know using the comments section, we will readily update it. If you are unable to locate the links, please refresh the page.
Please note these are external links and we do not host any downloads on our website. If you are the owner of the content or have disputes regarding the terms, please read our complete Disclaimer page or leave us a message via our Contact Us page. Any violation or infringement will be immediately removed upon confirmation.