The AK Khurana Textbook of Ophthalmology is a book used by Medical students during their third year of MBBS. This is the fourth edition of book, you can find 6th or 7th here also. The links to AK Khurana Textbook of Ophthalmology PDF Format have been provided for free download below.
AK Khurana Ophthalmology PDF Book
The free book has over 616 pages which include the 2 units, beautifully relating the text to the practical knowledge. The book is the standard book used in medical colleges and universities for their third year ophthalmology curriculum. There are 24 chapters in total in the book, which are as follows under the two sections given below:
SECTION I: ANATOMY, PHYSIOLOGY AND DISEASES OF THE EYE
- Anatomy and Development of the Eye
- Physiology of Eye and Vision
- Optics and Refraction
- Diseases of the Conjunctiva
- Diseases of the Cornea
- Diseases of the Sclera
- Diseases of the Uveal Tract
- Diseases of the Lens
- Diseases of the Vitreous
- Diseases of the Retina
- Strabismus and Nystagmus
- Diseases of the Eyelids
- Diseases of the Lacrimal Apparatus
- Diseases of the Orbit
- Ocular Injuries
- Ocular Therapeutics, Lasers and Cryotherapy in Ophthalmology
- Systemic Ophthalmology
- Community Ophthalmology
SECTION II: PRACTICAL OPHTHALMOLOGY
- Clinical Methods in Ophthalmology
- Clinical Ophthalmic Cases
- Darkroom Procedures
- Ophthalmic Instruments and Operative Ophthalmology
Refer to 3rd year Syllabus for complete details.
About the Author:
- AK Khurana
AK Khurana is the so far best book one can use for studying and passing Ophthalmology during their Third year MBBS in Medical Colleges. The two sections cover Anatomy, Physiology and Diseases of Eye as well as Practical Ophthalmology. In the end of the book, there are instruments and surgical procedures given beautifully. These help mbbs students to work through their practical examinations at end of semesters.
There is much to learn in Ophthalmology though, from Vision test to diagnosing various diseases, it is always fun to find out new stuff. There are surgeries done for Ophthalmology too, for which you will have to be attentive or you may miss them.
Suggestions to those who are looking forward to establishing an understanding in Ophthalmology are as follows:
- Read up everything, even if you are not in a mood to mug up. It will clear out some concepts and some things are bound to stay in your long term memory.
- Focus on the diseases more, and practical tests like Snellen Chart. Checking vision is always fun and basic part.
- Make up a habit of co-relating everything and you will find the book is almost everything you already know.
- If you need help, following are some posts that can greatly help you understand clinical methods. They have been made short but explained to the level of a medical student. These are:
AK Khurana Ophthalmology PDF eBook Download
You can download the AK Khurana Textbook of Ophthalmology by link given below. If the link is not working, do let us know using the comments section, we will readily update it. If you are unable to locate the links, please refresh the page.
Please note these are external links and we do not host any downloads on our website. If you are the owner of the content or have disputes regarding the terms, please read our complete Disclaimer page or leave us a message via our Contact Us page. Any violation or infringement will be immediately removed upon confirmation.